With the help of thousands of colleagues, friends and community members, since 2005 Second Chances has:
- Helped nearly 3,000 homeless and low-income women, men, and children by giving them esteem-building clothing, shoes, accessories, and gift cards through the local organizations where they're already receiving services;
- Recycled and reused more than 1,000,000 pounds of clothing and more donated by generous community members;
- Co-sponsored hundreds of corporate, nonprofit, and community clothing drives, building community connections and increasing local giving;
- Won an award for our innovative use of technology to reach even more donors and beneficiaries;
- Been honored by our community partners at Transition House and local businesses at the Flavors of Fall benefit, for the positive impact of our work in the community;
- And so much more!
Community commitment and values
You can trust us to:
- Focus on serving residents of Somerville, Cambridge, and nearby communities;
- Find the best possible use for the donations we receive;
- Get clothing, shoes, and accessories to community members who need them the most by working with our non-profit partners;
- Maintain our donation bins and the areas surrounding them;
- Be transparent in our practices and accountable to our donors, partners, and other supporters; and
- Use business practices that reduce the impact of our operations on the natural environment.
Thanks to the awesome
Dun & Bradstreet / NetProspex Waltham team for donating
1,414 lbs of clothing to people in need in our community.